Schuyler County boasts natural beauty and lots of excitement for residents and visitors. At the heart of Schuyler County is our hometown - Watkins Glen, NY - one of the coolest small towns in America! Living in Schuyler County offers peaceful living and opportunties to build relationships with your neighbors and be a valued member of the community. But Schuyler County is plenty busy and lots of fun too!
What do locals love about Schuyler County?
- Picnics at Clute Park - a beautiful view of Seneca Lake!
- Walking among the waterfalls and camping at Watkins Glen State Park
- Riding bikes on Catherine Valley Trail
- Strolling downtown Watkins Glen - great restaurants, shopping, and festivals throughout the year
- Charming shops and bigger stores like Walmart and Tops - just a walk or short drive away
- A public transportation system - Schuyler County Transit
- NASCAR races and other events at Watkins Glen International - the home of American road racing
We're located just 30 minutes from the cities of Corning, Elmira, and Ithaca - with unique opportunities for community involvement, work, recreation, and other supports and services for people wtih intellectual and developmental disabilities.